Thanks for all the well wishes last week. I’m glad to report that this past week was (relatively) pain free, aside from oh my god it is pollening so hard outside, I can’t breathe and my head hurts. There was one day where I was basically bedridden after work because of lower back issues, but mostly I was just plagued by lethargia. I don’t know if it was my autoimmune system flaring up to fight away a virus I picked up, or if it was just my sinuses, but I didn’t want to do much.
Luckily, I feel pretty great today. And since I have Friday off and I took Thursday off as well, it is an abbreviated work week. If this won’t get me back on the saddle, nothing will.
Some highlights of what I got done last week: (it’s not much, but it’s something)
- 4000 words of The Shadow of Saturn. I am officially caught up to March 1. But I still 21,000 words behind. Eek.
- Paradisa edits, as usual. Still on track for this. If nothing else, I’ve been editing Paradisa consistently!
- Indie MoCap, one article per day and continuing to build my social media platforms and email list. I wish this was growing faster, but these things take time.
- Video Business, looked into getting a bank account and discovered that I need an IRS form. Trying to get that sent to my house this week.
- Kindle shorts, wrote 1500 words of Short #2 and changed my keywords around for Short #1. Sales slumped drastically last week, so maybe some new keywords will help. I rank very high in all of the new ones, and I even rank #1 in one of them.
- Reading: Finished Ready Player One. I have lots of thoughts about it that I need to articulate. I may actually write the rare book review it. I started on A Vision of Fire, which was my Bookcase Club book of the month, but it’s pretty lame so far and I might switch to the assuredly-better Rollback.
- Submissions: I actually managed to submit to 3 literary marketplaces this week. Woohoo.
I didn’t edit any Dead Air, work on my video website, work on freelance or AusmAtari, work on my short story, or do animation tutorials. I mostly played a lot of Fallout 4, because it was the only thing I had the energy to do. I’m also aware that tomorrow will be eaten by the release of some Fallout 4 DLC, so I’ll probably do Tuesday’s work tonight. ;)
It may be worth mentioning that I did some spring cleaning yesterday too. I sent a load of clothes to Goodwill, purged my cosmetics cabinet, washed my clothes and sheets, and got groceries. Not fun or artsy stuff, but a necessary part of Adulting.
I’m ready to say sayonara to all this March pain and blandness. I have things to do, darn it!