Thanks for all the well wishes last week. I’m glad to report that this past week was (relatively) pain free, aside from oh my god it is pollening so hard outside, I can’t breathe and my head hurts. There was one day where I was basically bedridden after work because of lower back issues, but mostly I was just plagued by lethargia. I don’t know if it was my autoimmune system flaring up to fight away a virus I picked up, or if it was just my sinuses, but I didn’t want to do much.
Luckily, I feel pretty great today. And since I have Friday off and I took Thursday off as well, it is an abbreviated work week. If this won’t get me back on the saddle, nothing will.
Some highlights of what I got done last week: (it’s not much, but it’s something)
- 4000 words of The Shadow of Saturn. I am officially caught up to March 1. But I still 21,000 words behind. Eek.
- Paradisa edits, as usual. Still on track for this. If nothing else, I’ve been editing Paradisa consistently!
- Indie MoCap, one article per day and continuing to build my social media platforms and email list. I wish this was growing faster, but these things take time.
- Video Business, looked into getting a bank account and discovered that I need an IRS form. Trying to get that sent to my house this week.
- Kindle shorts, wrote 1500 words of Short #2 and changed my keywords around for Short #1. Sales slumped drastically last week, so maybe some new keywords will help. I rank very high in all of the new ones, and I even rank #1 in one of them.
- Reading: Finished Ready Player One. I have lots of thoughts about it that I need to articulate. I may actually write the rare book review it. I started on A Vision of Fire, which was my Bookcase Club book of the month, but it’s pretty lame so far and I might switch to the assuredly-better Rollback.
- Submissions: I actually managed to submit to 3 literary marketplaces this week. Woohoo.
I didn’t edit any Dead Air, work on my video website, work on freelance or AusmAtari, work on my short story, or do animation tutorials. I mostly played a lot of Fallout 4, because it was the only thing I had the energy to do. I’m also aware that tomorrow will be eaten by the release of some Fallout 4 DLC, so I’ll probably do Tuesday’s work tonight. ;)
It may be worth mentioning that I did some spring cleaning yesterday too. I sent a load of clothes to Goodwill, purged my cosmetics cabinet, washed my clothes and sheets, and got groceries. Not fun or artsy stuff, but a necessary part of Adulting.
I’m ready to say sayonara to all this March pain and blandness. I have things to do, darn it!
Last week began excellently, but I threw it away in the 4th quarter. Chalk it up to Deadpool, Valentine’s Day, and my general fatigue over the weekend (Deadpool, by the way, was quite good. I don’t normally enjoy R-Rated humor, but it was funny and edgy while still being….tasteful? You’ll have to wait until December for my Movie Report Card to hear more of my verdict, but I massively undercut my prediction on this one.)
Anyway, here’s the good, the bad, and the ugly for my second week on this schedule.
- Indie MoCap Newsletter: I actually finished this for the entire month, meaning my next two Thursdays will have an hour freed up. Whoo.
- AusmAtari Retro YouTube Channel: Once again, we filmed two Let’s Plays on Saturday afternoon.
- Cover Design For Kindle: Already had my cover designed for the current WIP.
- Dead Air Webseries: Still on track to finish an episode by the end of the month.
- Editing Paradisa: I exceeded my plans! I had two medium level edits, one new scene, and one easy edit to make. I think I did all of those and an additional 2-3 edits on my list. I might actually have this finished before March 31…
- Camera and Equipment Research: I let this slide on the first week, but did plenty of catch-up. I am torn between a Canon DSLR and a Sony HD cam, leaning more towards the Sony now. In a perfect world, I could get both. Alas.
- Animation: Learned how to set up a reference photo box in 3Ds Max and began a tutorial on character box modeling. I got a bit stuck on the tutorial I was working on, but I figured out my issue after mulling a bit. I also downloaded Source Filmmaker and picked up the PC version of Fallout 4 during Steam’s Lunar sale, mostly to play with its resource files.
- Indie MoCap Website: I set up my BlueHost account and installed WordPress, along with transferring my domain. It will take a week for the transfer to go through, so I couldn’t actually edit the website yet.
- Writing Submissions: I managed to edit one of my stories and submit it to Okey Panky. Now that it’s fixed, I need to send it off to some others.
- Aether Motion Website: Set up my Squarespace account.
- LLC Research: I still haven’t filled out my paperwork, but I have a list of all the steps I need to do and a pdf of the Articles of Organization. It’s just a matter of doing it.
- Reading: My reading improved this week. I am almost finished with Secret of The Sands.
- Indie MoCap Articles: Once again, I finished two and started on a third. I’m starting to think that Thursday nights might be for my long form articles and all my other articles will be written on the spot before posting. The idea of writing five in one night is daunting.
- The Shadow of Saturn First Draft: I wrote some, but am currently 4000 words behind. I was too busy with Indie MoCap stuff on Thursday, and I didn’t even want to look at my computer over the weekend. Luckily, I’m still pulling words from my original draft, so I’m certain I can catch up this week.
- The Con Runner’s Handbook Outline: Didn’t work on this at all. Not a big deal to skip a week, but I still want an outline complete by the end of February.
- Freelance Video and Writing: I did not progress much. I agreed to devote some of my freelance time to editing the AusmAtari videos, but I didn’t even manage that.
- Side Hustles: Didn’t do much for these at all.
- Writing For Kindle: Probably my biggest disappointment of the week. I had full intentions on Sunday morning to tackle the 3500-4000 words I had left to write for this….and then I spent five hours finishing Austin’s V-Day present and it exhausted me. Alas, I know there wasn’t much of a choice here. I needed to finish that present! But by 1:00, after setting up dinner and finishing that, I was pooped for the rest of the day. Which is why I was like “screw it, let’s just go see Deadpool.”
Unfortunately, this week will not get off to the easiest start, as my Monday night will be monopolized by seeing former President George W. Bush at the local arena (one of my bucket list items is to see a President in person, and my mom surprised me with a ticket. May as well, right? Especially on President’s Day!) Despite my bucket list having one more check, I will be another 1000k in the Shadow of Saturn hole and still trailing on animation.
I am also entering this week with a lot more fatigue in general. This work is not coming as easy as it did the first two weeks. I don’t feel burnt out or overworked from an inspiration standpoint, and mentally I’m in a good place, but my body is bedraggled and my neck/skull area has been in a bit of pain. Heh, might need more caffeine and vitamins this week. And maybe some cheering on from my lovely readers ^_^