I have been nominated for the Sisterhood of The World Bloggers Award, which is actually a pretty interesting little survey! So, I decided to take a break from the writing posts and let you guys know a bit more about myself….
Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site. Gladly! I was nominated by Dena Rogers, one of my favorite WordPress bloggers. Dena is a romance author and Southern lady who inspires me every week. Her answers to this meme were to different questions, and they were just as interesting. Check her out!
Put the Award logo on your blog. Not on my work computer, unfortunately.
Answer the ten questions sent to you. Alright – Dena asked:
1. How often do you read? I get through ~1 book a month. It really depends. I am a binge-reader though. If I pick up a book, I’ll usually have it done in two sittings. If I don’t have time to read it that quickly, I probably won’t read it at all.
2. Favorite Movie? Really difficult question, because ‘favorite’ comes down to many different variables. I’d say my favorite movies include Inception, National Treasure, It’s A Mad Mad Mad Mad World, Clue, Independence Day, After The Dark, Pacific Rim, and The Fifth Element. All of those films called to me in one way or another – with humor, with beautiful sequences, with great action, with nostalgia, with great characters. Those are movies I can watch 100 times and never grow sick of.
3. Worst habit? Hands down, my sugar addiction. I would be so much healthier without the cake, candy, and other yummy sweets. At least I’ve managed to basically eliminate soda from my diet, which contributed a huge amount of sugar on a daily basis. I seldom drink sweet tea anymore too. But it’s hard for me to get through the day without a candy bar or some Skittles.
4. I have a couple weird food quirks. I don’t like chocolate or ketchup. How about you? I don’t like ground beef or seafood – which is REALLY hard, living in Charleston! Everything revolves around oysters here, bah. Oyster roasts are like the main social gathering for a third of the year.
5. Since we are all authors, what’s one accomplishment you’d like to have with your writing? The day someone writes a fanfic about my books is the day I will feel like a successful author :P
6. Collect anything? I collect 12″ Mickey Mouse plush dolls from Disney World. I buy a different one with every trip to Disney. Here’s a pic!
7. Most daring thing you’ve done. Moved 9 hours away from home for the first time ever to be an intern at NASA. I nearly had a panic attack when I arrived in Huntsville. It was the most alone I’d ever felt. But it was an unforgettable summer and it set me on the right path.
8. Although I don’t believe a drop of what I read, I’m a tabloid junkie. I know shameful, but I can’t help it. So, what’s your guilty pleasure? Hmm. I really like silly popcorn movies like Fast and Furious. But they must have heart and charm. I am not a fan of Transformers or any other cash grab.
9. What’s the last picture you took with your phone?- A bit nosy, but I’m running out of interesting things to ask! This picture, which is taken from my desk at work. Gotta love Carolina winters!
10. I think we all have a few OCD tendencies in one way or another. Mine is list. Emails, caller ID, and text messages even my work list on my computer at work, they drive me crazy if something is sitting there. Have any obsessions/compulsions? Too many to mention, honestly. And they hit me when I least expect – I was watching SNL the other night and it bothered me that Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Jane Curtin were sitting at a news desk in that order. I really wanted Tina Fey to switch to the middle because she was a brunette and the others were blonde. The lack of visual symmetry bugged me during the entire skit.
Other than that, I frequently get songs/phrasings/general nonsense stuck in my head to an intrusive level.
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
1 – What is the most significant issue/thing you’ve changed your mind about in the past ten years?
2 – Worst job you ever had?
3 – Are you as much of an irrational office supply addict as I am (aka, a HUGE one)?
4 – Would your teenage self be proud of where you are right now?
5 – Favorite place you ever visited?
6 – Do you have a favorite motto or mantra for how you approach life?
7 – What is the one piece of advice everyone should listen to?
8 – What was the plot of your very first piece of writing?
9 – How many works in progress are currently sitting in your desk drawer/My Documents folder?
10 – What’s a career path would you have taken in another life?
Nominate seven blogs
Because this is a sisterhood, ladies only this time! I nominate H.K. Rowe, Millie Ho, AspiringWriter22, LikeStarFilledSkies, L.S. Engler, Kate Turville, and Carrie Rubin. You can repost this meme with your answers, or answer in the comments!