Thanks to Jess at Like Star Filled Skies for nominating me for The Liebster Award! This is a fun one because the questions are different every time. This is the first time I’ve been nominated for it. Here are her questions to me –
1) What is your favorite fruit?
I’m down with most fruits. I like cherry flavored candy the most, but apples are the best fruit to eat. They’re simple and they keep in the fridge for weeks.
2) If you could be any superhero you wanted, who would it be?
Wonder Woman. Although, my ideal super power is telekinesis.
3) What one book could you read over and over again?
Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox. It’s so dark and sad and beautiful and Holly and Artemis finally acknowledge their feelings and…gah. Every bit of it is wonderful. Colfer’s writing is at the acme. I love it so much. I never get tired of reading it.
4) If you could own any exotic animal you wanted, what would it be?
I love iguanas but they require too much care. Chameleons are adorable, but they’re too shy and delicate. So, my ideal exotic pet would be a bearded dragon. Rather short life span and a lot of personality.
Oh wait, did it say ANY animal I wanted? WHY, A KOALA OF COURSE.
5) Favorite sport to watch on television?
I hate all sports except for the Olympics. So probably Olympic track or Olympic gymnastics.
6) How would you describe your style?
I’m trying to wear all black at work because I’m a dye chemist. Many of my clothes have been ruined by dye stains. Outside of that, I’d love to have the rockabilly style – punk meets Mad Men. But in reality, I settle for dressing like most 20-year-old skinny white girls at Starbucks. It’s hard to find unique clothes. Everything at the mall is the same.
7) What 3 things would you like to do before you die?
1. Win a Nobel Prize.
2. Publish a bestseller.
3. Win an Oscar.
8) If you could move anywhere other than where you live now, where would that place be?
I enjoy Charleston, actually. It’s got the right balance of weather, good food, easy traffic, decent amount of activities. If I was to move anywhere else, it would probably be Switzerland or Italy. Sometimes I think I want to get out of this country, and Italy’s got the pretty setting while Switzerland has a good economy.
9) Favorite book? Why?
I dunno. It used to be The Time Traveler’s Wife, because the writing is so lovely, but the characters are so pretentious. I really do adore the Artemis Fowl series, but I feel weird calling one of those my favorite. I sorta think I haven’t read my favorite book yet.
10) As a kid, what did you always want to be when you grew up?
Oh, the usual. Dentist, ballerina, pop star, actress….but my desire to be a writer and film director stuck with me til the end.
Click the cut to see the rules and my questions to the lovely ten bloggers above!
1) Post the Liebster Award graphic on your site (sorry, my work computer wouldn’t let me do this).
2) Thank the blogger who nominated your blog.
3) Answer the 10 questions from the post of the person who nominated them.
4) The nominee will nominate 10 other blogs who have less than 200 followers.
5) The nominee will then create 10 questions of their own for their nominated bloggers to answer in their Liebster post!
- Do you have, or have you had, a medical condition that altered your way of life?
- How would you describe your dream home?
- What is your favorite hobby? Why?
- What piece of clothing can you not live without?
- How do you feel about marriage and having kids?
- What book-to-movie adaptation are you’re dying for Hollywood to make? I’m talking about books that haven’t yet been made into movies, of course (so no Mockingjay!).
- Do you live in the moment or do you plan for the future?
- Favorite class in college? (or high school, if you didn’t go/haven’t yet gone to college)?
- Best and worst part of attending weddings?
- Tell me about an awkward or embarrassing moment you’ve had.
If you want, I’d love to see you tag it #aetherhouse, so I can see your responses! I follow all of you, so it should come up on my dash, but I don’t want to miss them :)